Work Hard, Play Hard
DOZ offers a Spring Internship and a Fall Internship
- Complete audits while assisting with planning, fieldwork, and financial statement preparation. With the opportunity to work on all areas of the audit, a DOZ Audit intern is prepared for audit class back on campus. If you’ve already taken your audit class, the DOZ internship provides “real life” examples to help you better understand your classroom experience – - Invaluable!
- Each intern will complete, on average, over 35 audits from start to finish and also have the opportunity to write the audit reports! Is there any better learning opportunity than just doing it? After preparing 35 audits, you will understand auditing much better than simply talking about it in a classroom!
- Be challenged. Put into play what you’ve already learned in the classroom!
- Work over 60 hours per week
- Work closely with others in teams
- Gain experience working on multiple clients to increase your understanding of the process
- Receive a buddy to help you get acclimated to the office
- Receive and discuss each evaluation every two weeks with a Principal in the office
- Meet with a mentor to discuss performance and other pertinent information – - a mentor with over 25 years of accounting experience who is concerned with your growth and progress during the internship and beyond!
- In 2012 and 2011, Spring tax Interns worked over 600 hours and completed an average of 150 tax returns during the 3 ½ month internship period! All this while working an average of 55 hours per week!
- Prepare partnership, individual, personal property tax and corporate tax returns. Work directly with Members and Managers in the tax department.
Overall, you will be pushed harder, challenged more, managed better and learn more than at any other accounting internship around. We believe this is the point of the internship -learn a lot, be challenged, be given more responsibility than you think you can handle, be well paid and have fun! DOZ has provided over 170 Spring Internship opportunities over the past 7 years and feedback from each intern was that they benefitted greatly from the program and thought it was the best use of their time! Check out the Testimonials link for feedback from the 2012 and 2011 Interns.
Intern candidates at DOZ are Accounting majors who have a junior or senior status, and are on track to graduate with the 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam. Candidates who are entrepreneurial, hard-working, smart, and willing to adapt to new and challenging tasks will fit-in well at DOZ. Generally, a minimum 3.2 Accounting GPA is required, with exceptions. After going through the first interview on campus, qualified candidates will be invited to DOZ for an office visit. During this visit, there will be more information presented about the firm and a second interview will be conducted.
A goal of almost all Interns in any firm is to receive a fulltime offer based on internship performance. Over the past few years, most DOZ interns received fulltime offers based on their internship performance, as evidenced by the following statistics:
- 2012 – 92% of DOZ interns received full-time offers (that’s 23 offers)
- 2011 – 80% of DOZ interns received full-time offers (that’s 16 offers)
Check out the Testimonials from 2012 and 2011.